There is no “one-size-fits-all” strategy for handling employment cases. Each client and dispute brings with it a unique set of circumstances that demands an equally distinct response. Our Employment attorneys are poised to advise on and defend small, medium and large companies in complex employment litigation matters, with each client’s best interests as our benchmark.
To help our clients make informed decisions, we work with them to understand their objectives and philosophy. With that knowledge, we move forward with purpose and efficiency to counsel them, defend them on the merits, or both.
We recognize that the best approach for our clients is to avoid litigation altogether. To that end, our lawyers offer sophisticated counseling on a wide range of issues, including:
- Leaves of absence
- Employee hiring and discipline
- Reductions in force and other employee separations
- Wage and hour issues
- Harassment and discrimination complaints, and other internal investigations
- Employment-related agreements, policies and plans
When litigation is required, we have significant experience representing clients in matters involving:
- class action disputes
- discrimination and harassment claims under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and state laws
- wage issues under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state laws
- the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employment Retirement Income Security Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Act
- state law torts
We have represented employers before administrative agencies such as the Illinois Human Rights Department, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Office of Civil Rights, the Department of Labor, and in state and federal courts across the country.
Contact our employment attorneys to discuss solutions to the challenges facing your business.