During the month of April, HPS offices across the country collected gently used women’s and men’s suits and business apparel to donate to local charities.
The women’s clothing was donated to:
- Dress for Success, Denver. The organization’s programs help women find positions that offer a livable wage and career path so that they can succeed in both life and work. It also provides women with a roadmap for giving back to their communities.
- Poised for Success, Chicago. The organization provides women in the job market with interview and business appropriate clothing, free of charge. The organization also has volunteers who assist women in building self-esteem and interview skills, as well as providing them with referrals to other local service organizations that offer job-skills training and job placement.
- The Shade Tree, Las Vegas. The organization provides safe shelter to homeless and abused women and children in crisis and offers life-changing services that promote stability, dignity, and self-reliance.
The men’s clothing was donated to:
- Cook County Public Defender’s Office, Chicago. The public defenders protect the fundamental rights, liberties and dignity of each person whose case has been entrusted to them. The clothing will be given to their indigent clients so they have something suitable to wear for when they proceed to a jury trial.
- Veteran’s Village, Las Vegas. The organization provides United States Veterans with a unique and innovative approach to holistic and comprehensive housing with 24/7/365 crisis intervention center intensive support services.
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Denver. The organization’s goals are to promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam veterans.
HPS Tampa is extending their clothing drive until the end of May. Their drive will benefit the Public Defender’s office and Metropolitan Ministries.
HPS is proud of its employees for their ongoing commitment to “Paying It Forward.”